Thursday, March 25, 2010

the innovation and change journey

I am so glad that some of you have started this innovation and change journey by initiating some change in your life. I must confess I am not sure what Sally Nia means when she said she wanted to start a date with the Star. Perhaps, she might want to clarify this so that all of us can help her with her journey. Carr, I think exploring animation change and innovation is certainly a great way to start this journey.

Let us think about this quote by Ted Levitt
"Just as energy is the basis of life itself, and ideas the source of innovation, so is innovation the vital spark of all human change;improvement and progress."

In our enthusiasm to change please be reminded that " To change and to change for the better are two different things." German Proverb.

17 comments:

  1. ohh i meant that i subscribed to the star, the one that produces newspapers. They are having this promotion now, so i guess it's the right time to start something new. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH now i see why you thought that i wanted to date the star. HAHAH it is supossed to be up-to-date, you know By reading enwspapers each day it will sort of help you widen your knowledge and also help you to be enriched each day by knowing things around you so you won't miss the latest news and that's what i meant by staying up-to-date. LOL

    stay up-to-date means that i care and refuse to be ignorant.

    A little learning is a dangerous thing, but a lot of ignorance is just as bad. ~Bob Edwards

    Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance, is the death of knowledge. ~Alfred North Whitehead

    ps. just wanna share those two good quotes about ignorance. :D and sorry for commenting and talking too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. without innovation.. the world and our life wouldnt have been improved to a better yet comfortable life.CHange does not come easily.. it takes time and need energy too..its all through our hardwork and idea (:

    ready to change! and be innovative =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak. ~Author Unknown

    This is one quote that has changed me to be more confident in public speaking. :D hope that it is helpful to everyone.

    JAPANESEEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to change and i'm ready to change..just dont know how~hope i can learn it from the class^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, innovation does changes the whole world and it makes the whole world a better place to live in. Yet, I really hope that the upcoming innovation would be more environmentally-friendly as I don't want the 2012 end of the world to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After every invention, we need innovataion and change to improve those things in order to make our world more advance. Now,it seems that i have seen the importance of this subject as without innovation and change, we might not get such informative and useful things around us nowadays as we are now mostly addicted to those useful things such as mobile phones, laptops and etc =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wondering what to comment.. well, with energy we have, we survive..when we are surviving, here starts our innovation and change..i'm not innovative enough, so now i'm trying my best to overcome it..

    i'll comment when i got the idea on this topic..hooo...finally, i have something to post on this blog..haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. We said a lot of things about innovation and change diz few days. However, honestly what change have we done lately? Change must begin with our self and we need to make a move, not just by saying we gonna do changes. Even me, personally have been thinking lately of making some changes in my life and it wont b happenin' if i dont do it by actions. We need to take a step forward and dare to move.(^_^)v

    "Saying only is nothing."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im getting a clearer picture of this subject. Im still abit blur at certain points but im getting the hang of it and this is a sign of a good start. Change is definitely not something you can overcome it overnight. Sometimes i feel like im changing but am i really changing? Thats the question. Can we feel it?
    I want to change. Just by saying is not going to work. Im taking a step forward. Slowly. I always wanted to be a pastry chef and to open my very own bakery shop. I was accepted to a well-known chef school in Singapore. Not many people have the opportunity to get it. There's so many process to go through starting from interviews with a very famous french chef. He interviewed me and i got it! Finally!. I was so happy. i went into the school and manage to study for about a week. i came back a week later. I went straight to normah hospital for medical check up. My previous medical problem prevent me from chasing my dream. I no longer can be chef. I flew back to Singapore and i withdrew myself form the school. How and why on earth is this happening to me! Just cause of my health everything is ruin! i tried so hard to get into that school but sadly everything ends in just a week. It was a very stressful month for me. But again i keep telling myself-God sets it this way and im going to look forward no matter what happens next. Dont look back. Im still feeling the pain everytime i pass someone wearing a chef uniform. It hurts if you actually understand how i feel. But its okay now.
    I finally enrol into swinburne. I changed. Im going to master my business and one day i really hope i can still open my bakery shop. Well, thats all. Sorry, this comment is so long. See you soon!.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice 1 alex... yeah.. we'll support u.. never give up! chaiyo2! (^__^)v

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Alex,
    I agree with adryeanne, don't let this hinder your dream from becoming a chef. If you fail try again, there are many options out there and don't give up easily. Many businesses were started by people who failed to realise their dream in the first place. I will share some examples in class later. Thanks for sharing your broken dream with us. Often time broken dreams become our northern star pointing us to the right life's direction. Bake for us, we are willing to become your guinea pigs and provide a platform for you to hone your baking/pastry skill. We will also provide constructive comments to help you improve. Follow your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions."-Edgar Cayce

    "Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you."-Marsha Norman

    "I don't design clothes, I design dreams."-Ralph Lauren

    "I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams."-Madonna Ciccone

    Hope this may help.

    (I'm just a person who found this blog not knowing what it is and find it interesting. So I commented on this blog hoping that these quotes might help not only for the person in trouble but also for innovation and change. I believe as long there is a dream, innovation and change will continue growing.
    "Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together."-Eugene Ionesco)

    May these quotes help


    I am just another man with a broken dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In my past subjects, innovation and change doesnt exist at all. When i first got my time table, i was curious about it. The first lesson was interesting, but then its kinda getting harder and im trying to fit in myself and catch up as its abit confusing though. But i majorly learned that 'innovation and change' is the pathway to achieve the grandest dream. so, goodluck everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hope you have a nice day today, mdm sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  17. let the wind blows away your worrisome and sadness..have a nice day ya..Mdm Sylvia..good night..

    ReplyDelete